Friday, August 30, 2013

Post Baby Workouts

This post is dedicated to my good friend and personal trainer who is getting married today! I have to say he really motivated me for the past two months.  I truly enjoy all our sessions even when I feel like I am ready to die afterwards.  I naively thought loosing the baby weight would be very easy since I made a point to keep moving while pregnant.   Two days before Benjamin arrived I was out in the yard helping to cut down trees, tearing up flower beds, and basically doing major yard work (Yes we moved into our major home renovation about month before my due date).  Probably not the smartest thing to do but the yard needed major help and I knew I was on borrowed time.  My husband told me that I was outworking him!

Getting back to the purpose of the post.  Loosing the weight is hard!  When you are exhausted from no sleep working out is not top on the list.  I found doing quick circuit training is a great workout on those days with limited time.  My trainer gave me the following quick routine to do at home and I love it.  I do it while Benjamin plays in his gym and stares at me like I am crazy.  It works for everyone!

Squat Jumps- 30 Seconds
Sun Gods- 30 Seconds
Lunge Kicks- 30 Seconds on each leg
Bird Dog- 30 Seconds
Mountain Climbers- 30 Seconds (I despise these!)
Plank- 30 Seconds
Superman- 30 Seconds
Hello Dollies- 30 Seconds

Repeat Routine Five Times.  Once mastered increase your seconds.

I will post more pictures throughout my journey!  What are your favorite workout routines on a tight schedule?



I will leave you with a picture from last night at the Rehearsal Dinner.  Looking forward to the wedding this evening. Cheers to Labor Day weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS