Sunday, September 22, 2013

Happy fall!

In honor of the first day of fall I had to work on my first craft of the season.  I decided to start with a fall wreath to dress up the front door.  I picked up all my supplies from Hobby Lobby and took full advantage of their 40% off coupon when you download their app.  Many of the supplies needed happened to be on sale as well! Win win.  Total cost of the wreath $20.92 with plenty of supplies left over for future craft projects (floral wire, burlap chevron ribbon, spray paint).  Below is a quick explanation of what you need to make this wreath.

Wreath $4.99
Three fake flowers of your choice $0.99 each
Floral Wire $2.99
Burlap Chevron Ribbon $4.99
Glue Gun
Gluesticks
Wooden Letter $2.99
Gold Spray Paint $1.99


First, spray paint your wooden letter the color of your choice.  I chose gold to keep with the fall theme.  I used two coats of spray paint which worked out perfectly.  Next, use your glue gun to glue floral wire on the back of monogrammed letter.


Put the wreath on top of the wooden letter and use the floral wire to attach to the bottom.  Make sure you tie the floral wire VERY tight.  I had trouble with this part.  I was getting frustrated because my letter was not sturdy on the wreath.  My advice if you think you have it tight pull a little more! After you have your letter set, use the glue gun to place your flowers.  The final step is your bow on top.  I found a really good short tutorial on making bows.  It's only a minute long and worth the refresher (How to make a Bow).  
Happy Fall!


  What is your favorite fall craft? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS