Saturday, September 21, 2013

Homemade Grilled Chicken Nachos

It's been awhile since my last post.  I think working full time, fighting a cold, traveling, and taking care of Ben full-time while my husband was at a conference made blogging low on the list.  Now the football season is in full gear I have been wanting to experiment with some Pinterest game day appetizers.  After traveling to Virginia Tech last weekend I found the best chicken nachos ever.  I wanted to try and re-create at home.  Although not the healthiest, everything in moderation.  I found this recipe on Pinterest to use as my base.  However, I had different ingredients on hand to play with and I came up with the following:


Ingredients
  • 4-5 cups corn tortilla chips 
  • 2 cups Cheddar Cheese 
  • 1/2 can of drained diced tomatoes 
  • 1 can of fat free refried beans 
  • 1 can of organic black beans drained and rinsed 
  • 1/2 cup chopped green onions 
  • 1/2 cup of red onion 
  • 1 grilled chicken breast cubed
INSTRUCTIONS
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8x8 baking dish with nonstick spray.
  • Spread tortilla chips into the prepared baking dish. Top with cheese, diced tomatoes, refried beans (make sure they are hot), black beans (also, make sure they are hot), green onions, and grilled chicken.  Top with a little cheese on top.
  • Place into oven for 12 minutes until cheese has melted and tortilla chips are crispy.
  • Serve immediately with sour cream or salsa if desired.

Nacho Prep

In the Oven

Ready to Eat!


What are your favorite game day appetizers?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS